John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Adventures!

Wow...where do I even begin....I haven't updated since Christmas...

The New Year has unfolded and we are already approaching spring time! We are all familiar with the saying "Time flies when you're having fun"....but Time also flies by when you are working a full time job, raising five kids and PACKING UP A HOUSE TO MOVE! Yes, we are packing up our house and making "the move"! Our family is preparing for some changes next year. Moving into a new home and attending new schools can be thrilling but also overwhelming. We are trusting in God's hands to
line everthing up in the order in which it all needs to happen. We see things happening that we couldn't have planned for or either we did plan but they didn't work. It is comforting to know that there is a God (so infinitely huge and powerful) watching out for us.

In my quiet time in the mornings I have been reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, and it has touched me so. I refer to her teachings alot throughout my day. Recently I have meditated on these words...."I have seeking eyes. You're the one in dire need of time, that thing we can't buy, what we sell of ourselves to get more of what we think we want, what we sacrifice to seemingly gain. They say time is money, but that's not true. Time is LIFE. And if I want the fullest life, I need to find the fullest TIME. I see my reflection and think, I know you, the BUSYNESS of your life is leaving little room for the source of your life. I'm the face grieving. God gives us time. And who has time for God!?!"

I am in place right now of contentment, yearning to stay there with my Lord, wanting to leave the dried up land of pride and fear and controlling anger, to just submit myself to His work and will for my life. It is hard, I need the Holy Spirit to guide me as we begin this new journey as a family.

The girls and boys are doing wonderfully. Mom and Dad are doing well too. Occasionally we look at each other and our eyes tell each other everything. Everyone seems to handling the chaos of the change pretty well at the moment...check back next month though because I have a feeling we are peeking around a potential mountain of meltdowns soon enough:-)

Here are some pics from the last couple of weeks:-)



Shocco Springs Family Church Retreat! BonFire! So much fun for our family.


Boys sharing toys AND THE STOMACH VIRUS!! UGH!!!


Playing at the Park after school one day. Beautiful weather and beautiful children!


Ellie at her gymnastics meet. This girl LOVES her gymnastics.


Spend the night party...party of 5...top of the stairs!

No comments: