John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Monday, November 22, 2010

Two Years Ago today...Brookwood Bound!

November 22, 2008


Two years ago today I walked into Brookwood Hospital with a suitcase of 'the simple things' without knowing what the outcome would be. My pregnancy had sustained to the 27th week gestation..which was miraculous in itself after all the scares along the way. However, I still stand to this day with one particular memory of that first afternoon. I sat on my bed, looking around at the white walls that felt as though they were closing in around me....tons of emotion flooding my mind and heart...mostly terror...worrying with not knowing what would happen..what the outcome would be...and then all of a sudden, as if a switch flipped, I opened a book called "Divine Moments from God", opened it randomly, and the first page I turned to was titled "Miracles"...yep..freaked me out a little bit, and the verse written under the title read, "Come and see the awesome miracles God performs for His people" Psalm 66:5....and at that moment it was so clear to me as my heart stopped racing, my soul felt peace and my mind calmed down...It was as if God was telling me, "Dana don't worry, You are about to witness a miracle with these little boys...I have them taken care of, look how far I have carried you already"

I think for the first time in my life, God spoke to me. Some people would call it a real crafty coincidence, but I felt the Holy Spirit in that room, Rm 223, on November 22, 2008. Somehow, at that moment I realized that not only had He carried me (and the boys) through this pregnancy of doom, but He was not about to leave me on this journey, and His miracle had just begun....




November 22, 2010

Two years later, these boys are thriving unbelievably. The are very near their second birthday, and are developing wonderfully. They are speaking around 65 words the last time I listed them out. Our pediatrician said, "I am astounded, really Dana, how well they are doing"

We are so thankful. Then, Now and Forever...

I am sure I will be 87 years old one day and say, "Boys, do yall know what today is...57 years ago on this day, I entered the hospital and God spoke to me...I wanted to worry, but He told me He had you taken care of!"

2 comments:

The Harless Family said...

powerful post Dana! i am constantly in awe of your devotion and love for our awesome God! much love this holiday season!
Evan

Tricia said...

What a great God we serve! He amazes me daily, and I so love to hear the miracles He does in others lives... thank you for sharing!

Blessings!