John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Friday, November 28, 2008

Scripture Wall

In my loneliness and boredom, I have decided that I need a scripture wall in my room. I think having scripture plastered all over my wall will help uplift me. I am really trying hard to stay strong and positive. The nights are the absolute worst, very quiet and lonely. I miss my husband (you know how we are joined at the hip), my heart aches to kiss my sweet children, smell their watermelon shampoo and baby lotion. I miss reading to them at night and praying with them before they drift off to sleep. I am so appreciative to all of my family and friends who have made special trips up to see me in the last few days. Days are extremely LONG when you sit in a hospital bed and watch each hour pass by. God has shown me so much through this experience already though...I know you have heard it already, but ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE. I am very thankful to be here and still be pregnant, that means our babies are still thriving and surviving. By the way Brookwood has never had a set of mono boys yet...I have (of course you know me) been asking every single nurse and doctor. There have been four sets of girl mono twins born this current year here at Brookwood. So, miracles happen and we will continue to pray God's miracle in our lives with these baby boys.

Psalm 66:5 Come and see what our awesome God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people.

Please comment back to me your favorite verse, so I can create my scripture wall. Or just e-mail it to me at dana.pate@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Dana, here are a couple of scriptures I found for your wall.

1. Phillipians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength

2. Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations

3. James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance

Know that you are in our families thoughts and prayers. Take Care,
Kristie Kendrick

Aimee said...

My favorite and the verse I pray over Braylin and the boys...wait , they have names...James Daniel and John David...is Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

I have stood on this verse since Braylin's daignosis and the verse is my hope for the future. I hope it speaks volumes to you too!

Rob and Girls said...

I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)

O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress. (Jeremiah 16:19)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Ah Lord God! It is you who made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. (Jeremiah 32:17)

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:6-8

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)

Nicole said...

Here are some more... Just know we are all praying for you all!

I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come to him.
Revelation 3:20

We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 9:28

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

And here's one for each of the boys:

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
John 6:12

Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
James 1:2-4