John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tis the Season...for COOKING!




My Dad and Claire Bear making marshmellows dipped in homemade caramel, rolled in crushed almonds and Rice Krispies.


One of the boys (I think John David) being silly with his gummies.


Jenna finishing up her daily meltdown preparing for nap...:)


Mixing a whole bunch of stuff (can't even remember) to make 'parking lot cookies'


We call these Jenna squares cause that is what Jenna calls them (because she made them)





Here is our "Cookie Day" with Mamaw. We gathered at her house around 11am and baked sweets ALL DAY...finishing up at about 4pm. What a fun, wonderful day of memory making. I hope each year at this time, we can all come together again to make the yummy sweet treats for Christmas family gatherings. I am so grateful my dad and stepmom were able to be a part of this special day with us. Oh and by the way, my stepmom shared an amazing recipe with me from my Aunt Sybil...for those of you who love your sweets but hate the fat and calories that come with it, try using one can of pumpkin to one box of spice cake and mix well, spoon drop some on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 or so min. They are like cookie cakes..so yummy and very healthy:) You can also you carrot cake mix and add nuts or crainberries...but no butter, oil, or eggs needed.

No comments: