John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ross....

Here is the update from his caring bridge page posted a week ago.

Home Sweet Home! It was bittersweet to leave our home away from home and leave the new friends we had made. Strong relationship​ps were developed between us and fellow patients and their families as well as with the staff at Children's. There were a few tears shed. But everyone knows and agrees this was the best thing for Ross. We have appointment​s in mid July and can have a mini-reunion​n then.

We've been home since Friday night with mixed results. Ross is doing fine medically but he is still easily agitated. He's had a couple of restful days and nights and a couple that weren't so much. We think it may be the combination of the feeds and medications we're using. We changed a couple of things just before we left. We plan to call his doctor in Birmingham and ask a few questions and see if we can't get this figured out. We can't wait for the time to come that Ross is able to enjoy a real extend​ed time of peace. It all just takes time and a little bit of this, and a little bit of that until we get it all figured out.




What a miracle that sweet boy is home. I still continue to pray daily that God will restore his health to the fullness it was prior to his tragic accident. As I was running the race for him a few weeks ago, I felt such a peace and presence of God. I remember thinking to myself, that little boy's story could easily be anyone of us. For some reason God chose him and I pray for that "glory in the morning" for the Folmar family. I have not had a chance to travel back to Auburn to visit with the family, but I intend on doing so in a few weeks, once he and his family are settled. The donations that flooded in for him were overwhelming. Each time I opened an envelope, my heart felt such compassion for that sweet family. I always asked God to bless the individual who sent the donation. Because of your selfless donation, I was able to give 500 dollars to the Folmar family....WOW! I am amazed at the beauty of God and how incredible it is that He works through people like me and you.

Thank you all for your support and please do continue to pray for this special little boy and his family, as they have such a long road ahead of them.

No comments: