John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PRAYER NEEDED!

I want to post the urgency of this prayer request to encourage all of my awesome followers who spend daily time in prayer to please pray for this family. I do not know them personally but when I was first notified of this precious little boy, Ian Ellis, I was laying in a hospital bed praying with my soul that God would spare the lives of the little boys growing inside of me. I remember Ian's story and prayed for him often, then I lost touch...well now I have been contacted again from a friend of my sister-in-law that sweet baby Ian is slowly fading and facing death. Hospice has been called in and he is not doing well. His caring bridge page is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ianandyellis
PLEASE take a moment to go to his page and read his story. My heart breaks for his mom as I can't even imagine the pain in which she feels as she has watched her precious baby boy's health deteriorate.
I think God brought me to this prayer request tonight for two reasons. ONE, to remind me of the blessing of 5 healthy children (even as the days are so overwhelming and tiresome handling them all, ALL THE TIME!) but to also remind me that we have a duty to each other as Christ followers and that is to lift one another up in prayer with the Faith and assurance that God will take care of it all. That He is the power behind the miracles that are performed daily in our world. I will not pray a wimpy prayer for Ian...I will pray a mighty prayer for him. I will pray that God provide a miracle for that little boy and that his family will feel the peace of the Holy Spirit as they are enduring such hard times right now.

Thank you for praying for this family.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Thank you for posting this, Dana!

Brooke said...

praying!!!

Tricia said...

I will go there now and say a prayer for him...