John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Fourth with Family and Friends!

Uncle Phillip hanging out with James Daniel at the Fourth of July Party!



Papa making John David laugh!


Rob hanging out with all the kids in the water slide inflatable (thanks Aunt Jill for letting us borrow your awesome toy)


We had a great weekend celebrating the Fourth of July. Rob's mom and dad had a grand get together with some family from Mississippi. We don't get to visit with them often enough, so when we do have the opportunity to share some fun times together we have a great time and hold on to the memories to cherish forever. I always value the time my children have with their extended family. It is special to me to see them create bonds with their uncles and aunts and cousins. We are hoping to take the kids to visit Mississippi sometime within the next few months.

Thanks to Papa we had the best smoked chicken and grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. Mamaw of course out did herself with all the trimmings...baked beans, potato salad, brownies! And thanks to my cool bestfriend, a.k.a. Aunt Jill, for letting us borrow her water slide inflatable. The kids had such a blast...and Rob didn't mind it either..ahah!

Aunt Katy lounging with Claire and Jenna!


All the cousins together after a LONG, FUN day of playing. Kyle is not all that happy about taking the picture..can you tell??? James and John David missed out on the picture because they were napping.


My children...precious and adorable...but I am a teensy bit biased!


This picture is after chuch when I had just finished nursing the boys. They always play "hands" with each other and this time they actually hand their hands and arms criss crossed. I thought it was really cute!


This picture is from Sunday night. Rob and I and the girls were all in the kitchen eating supper while the boys played on their floor mat, however, you notice where James Daniel is...NOT on the play mat but under the swing playing with it. That little stinker moved himself from the play mat all the way under that swing within 5-10 min. of me putting him on the mat.


After bath picture..just so stinking cute is all I can really say about this one.


After church picture. I was so shocked at how well Jenna participated and I didn't even offer candy!?!?!?! Maybe she is finally getting the hang of picture taking.


The boys after church in their precious smocked outfits that my wonderful bestfriend Elizabeth Studinka made for them. She is ridiculously talented in many ways, one way in which is sewing!


Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

4 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

What awesome picures! I love the after bath one too! And the church one with all of them is great! Glad you all had a Happy 4th!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

What cute pics! Of COURSE your kiddos are adorable! That's really no surprise at all!!!
The picture of Phillip wasn't there, but I LOVED the one of my Katy with the girls! 3 beauties!
I'm glad you had a great 4th. How's the tailbone?
Lilly

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great pictures....love them..Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading yours....I love making new blog friends and love looking at all the different blog designs.

Unknown said...

I am wondering how your tail bone is too.