John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Monday, January 25, 2010

Perspective...

SO...6am the day begins and 9pm it is at its end....I am POOPED! Not that my days aren't packed full on any occasion, but now that my sweet Jenna girl has a cast from her thigh to her toes, my physical demands have increased substantially. This morning was rather tough. On my way to the hospital I tried to mentally prepare myself for what was about to occur...

ME taking Jenna to Children's Hospital to have her broken leg casted.

Now what makes the day extra hard are the two twin one year olds who obviously require my constant attention. And to throw into the mix now, my very independent two and half year old, Jenna Boo! I could give you the boring details of the day; from pushing the boys in the double stroller while at the same time pulling Jenna in a wagon, toting backpacks and water bottles, cereal bags, my purse, blankets, jackets; all the crap that goes with three toddlers under the age of three...as well as the feet of getting them from the hospital all back home for lunch and naps before 1:30 to then load them all back into the van AGAIN to leave and pick up Ellie, stop by the library (because I PROMISED we'd go on Monday) and then swinging by Publix for milk and veggies (this took an hour..two carts, four balloons, two cookies and a potty break), to then rush through traffic to get Claire picked up from the bus by 3:00. And then make it home to handle the evening routine (supper, homework, bath time, Bible time)and land them all in the bed by 7:30pm...now, are ya ready to laugh...


DADDY HAD AN OFFICE MEETING TONIGHT! So after the longest day with the boys, and Jenna...my precious husband didn't even get home until 9:30! (SIGH)...

But you know what...I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY EXHAUSTING DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE A HEALTHY FAMILY TO LOVE, LAUGH, AND LIVE WITH EACH DAY. AND MIGHT I ALSO ADD, THAT I AM THANKFUL MY HUSBAND WORKS HARD FOR OUR FAMILY TO PROVIDE FOR US, AND I AM EQUALLY THANKFUL THAT WHEN HE IS NOT WORKING, HE IS HOME SPENDING TIME WITH US.

Seriously, I don't have any real reason to complain. I have friends right now that are experiencing tragedy in their lives...burring their husbands and babies, losing their houses, jobs, marriages that are completely falling apart, family members who are battling terminal illness. When I start to feel overwhelmed with the "daily grind" I honestly stop myself and whisper a prayer of thanks to God for another day of what has become my "normal" now...I am truly grateful!


Here are some pictures of Jenna from the weekend and today. Thank you all for your well thoughts and special prayers. She has done remarkably well considering her injury. I would probably be pretty whiny too if my shin bone were cracked!



Jenna had a visit from her best friend Ella Mayfield. She was so happy about the balloon that Ella brought her.





Ellie made Jenna a poster card that said, "I hope you feel bedder, I made dis for you and love you"...too sweet:)



Jenna Boo was not feeling good here. She was so uncomfortable..Daddy suggested "the floor"...this was Sunday morning.









1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dana, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, so I chose both!!!! I love all the pictures and I learn so much from your strength in the Lord. He has truly given you a tenacious spirit and formed your heart to handle the duties and delights of your precious family. Isn't it amazing to think that he chose you before the foundations of the EARTH to be "Dana Pate"...and to hold in your heart these FIVE little ones. I am so blessed by your frienship and your life!!!! You go girl!!!!! Ella sat up in her bed and prayed for Jenna during one of her naps a couple of days ago..it was so sweet. Much love to all of you~