John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Saturday, April 10, 2010

DIGGIN in the DIRT!

So I figure one of my five children will wind up being a horticulturist! The obsession with playing in the dirt and "diggin" as Ellie Brooklyn defines it, seems to be a daily occurrence around here. Before the garage door completely closes, as we arrive home each afternoon from school, the first words out of Ellie and Jenna's mouths are, "CAN WE GO DIG..PLEEEAAASE!". So this past week, Ellie asked if "the boys" could have a shovel and play in the dirt. So 10 min. later, they were covered in dirt and two very happy little boys.

Here are some pics from the afternoon. I love the one of all five of them huddled in and around the wagon.








And here is a cute quick video of the boys playing in the dirt.

2 comments:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

I'm diggin' the pics!

I would love to be there diggin' with those kids!

Have a beautiful weekend~
♥,Lilly

The Taylors said...

My boys are dirt diggers also. So, we bought a big plastic tub and filled it with Crayola sand. Now they can dig all they want. =o)