John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Family Christmas!











The boys aren't very happy here because they are locked in their seats. We battled them for about 30 min. and finally just had to put them up so they'd stop eating wrapping paper and bows. They watched the show from afar and did pretty good, even though they'd prefer to be down on the ground crawling through the mounds of paper trash and boxes.



Great reaction Daddy...the girls loved surprising Daddy with a new watch.





Here is James pushing John David on the truck walker...they both started laughing which obviously made all of us laugh too. I think it is funny that James is the one pushing John David. James is much smaller but has much more gusto than John David.




Daddy and Papa put together Jenna's train station she received the night before from Mamaw and Papa. Jenna LOVES trains and was thrilled to finally "drive" her trains!







Jenna making Jesus a birthday cake (with playdough of course) and then singing Happy Birthday to him.





Daddy and Claire playing wii together. Not sure who is happiest about Santa leaving a wii for Claire....Daddy or Claire???




Make-overs with Claire...She has over 20 shades of eyeshadow!







Claire's favorite candy is Reese's so Santa left a REALLY BIG Reese Bar in her stocking.




Jenna helping Mommy clean the kitchen (for the thrid time that day)


So our family Christmas was perfect. It had just the right combination of love and joy, chaos and crankiness! Our favorite foods were pumpkin pie and p-nut clusters. Our favorite activities were playing the wii, Ellie's arts and crafts, Jenna's train and baby, and even the boys got some "boy-ish" toys to enjoy banging around.

My oh my how life has drastically changed for us in a year. We are having a blast with our kids right now, trying to savor the sweet moments and not take the bitter ones so seriously. Raising a family of five small children is definitely tiresome, but it is also a privelage and honor. I live each day grateful for the opportunity God has given Rob and I to raise this exceptional family.

2 comments:

LiveLaughLove said...

I hoped you had a very Merry Christmas.(I see you did.) Also have a Happy New Year!!

From your old student:

Aleksandra F.

Unknown said...

Hi! I happened upon your blog from a friend of mine, and was immediately touched by your twin story, as I myself have twins. As I look more, I realize that I know one of the people in the pictures. All of a sudden, it dawns on me that I know Rob as well. Of course, I know Rob when he was a lot younger. My aunt is Diane Sparks and was/is a good friend of Darlene's. I used to spend a lot of time with my aunt and go to her church at Centercrest. It is such an amazingly small world. Thank you for sharing your story. I have enjoyed reading and praying for you and your prayer requests listed.

Leslie Quick Bartlett
Helena, AL