John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CRIB time!

Well, the boys finally made it to the CRIB! This is a celebration when you are in the NICU! First, they relocate you to the back wall...that is a good move. Next, you graduate to the crib....that is great. Finally, you get to go home! That's right, going home is what comes next. If the boys behave for three days, they get to come home. Dr. Strange wanted to send them home Friday, but I told her my baby shower was planned for Saturday and as of right now, we don't even have their car seats! I pleaded for her to wait and send them home Sunday, if everything checks out alright. So far, the boys have done wonderfully. In order to go home, they have to breathe and eat without struggle and hold their temperatures well. So far, they have done just that. What a huge praise to God for us to shout! These little stinkers were not even due until the end of February. They are ahead at this point of where doctors anticipated them being when they were born. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. Thank you so much Linda, for house sitting for us tonight while we visited the boys. I know it was cold and really late when you got back home. Christy, I can't thank you enough for watching the girls for me while I went to the hospital to feed the boys (for three hours), and also for cooking supper. The girls are still talking about "cooking with Ms. Christy" I am really looking forward to our baby shower this Saturday. I appreciate all you guys have done for me. I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude.

The Pate boys sleeping soundly together in their crib!

8 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Aww Dana what a blessing!!!! Everyone's prayers have been answered. I have said it a lot but God is Good! I know you can not wait to get your boys home and what a wonderful time it is. We rejoicing right along with you

Trina said...

Awesome news about James and John David getting to come home! I know it will be an exciting day, and hopefully it will make it a little easier on you since you'll have them THERE and not have to go to the hospital.

I turned in a form yesterday donating days for you. I've spread the news around BRHS, so I hope you get more.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Congratulations! We'll continue to pray!

Katy said...

I love seeing them together, nose to nose. I was telling Darlene this morning, I bet they have missed each other!!! They have a lot of twin brother catching up to do. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all and rejoice in the Lord for all of his great blessings! I have been keeping track and of course praying for everyone. I love the pic's of them sleeping the same way. My boys are 4 and they still do that a lot and it's still just as sweet as when they were babies! REST UP girl! The fun is about to begin. Please let me know how I can help.

Tricia said...

That is so exciting! And I just love the pictures of them in the crib together, they bring back sweet memories! I remember when mine got put in the crib... I wondered if they had missed each other and were glad to be back together. They always slept snuggled up next to each other, until they started moving too much and rolling on each other or kicking and hitting each other...

Mine will be 5 tomorrow! I can not believe it, time flies! Savor these moments while you can... sometimes I wish I could just go back to when they were that little and hold them for a while again...

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Praise God.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Dana and Rob, we are so excited about the boys getting to come home! My internet has been down, so I have been getting updates from Katy. God continues to perform miracles!
Give the girls and boys kisses from us~
♥ Roy and Elisabeth