John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Saturday, April 11, 2009

An EGG-stra Fun Family Day

Great fun family times today. We began our day with play and ended with play.... We started at the YMCA (Mommy needed to go to turbo kick with Tina) and boys went to Mamaw and Papa's while the girls played at the YMCA, Then we left and headed over to North Shelby Baptist Church. The girls enjoyed a festive Easter celebration there, then we journeyed back home for naps, later we colored Easter eggs (and only managed to crack, break, drop and destroy 5 of the 12), Claire and I made a sugar-free, low-fat Lemon Ice Box Pie (it is truly yum and very easy to make, I'll post the recipe tomorrow), Daddy made supper (grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, mozzarella cheese grits; DELICIOUS!), then we piled in the van and went to Sonic in our pj's. Super great day and night, so thankful to have my sweet family to share these moments with. Notice I didn't say anything about cleaning house or laundry, so you can only imagine how disastrous my house looks!!!


John David (a.k.a, Fat boy, Stump, Hound Dog) smiling at me after eating... I have to restrain myself from squeezing those cheeks..



James cuddled up after nursing in the car before Claire's softball game. These little guys probably nurse in the car as much as they do out of the car. One thing is for sure, they better learn to love the "on the go" lifestyle cause that is most definitely what we are...ON THE GO all the time!


Going to the North Shelby Egg-stravaganza! It was FREEZING, the girls were so excited. They had "free food"(Ellie's favorite), egg hunts, inflatables, puppet show, and snow cone machine. The girls had a blast.


Ending our night at Sonic, in pj's dancing in the parking lot. They got lots of attention from on lookers (obviously.... because who in their right mind allows small children to dance in a Sonic parking lot in their pj's in 50 degree weather...WE DO!


All is well with the Pates. I count each day a pure blessing to have my amazing, precious, devoted, loving, compassionate, hard-working husband and adorable, healthy, spirited, fun-loving children to spend my days with. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

Verse from my scripture wall:

"Do not fear , for I am with you; do not be anxious, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will uphold you in my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10

This verse was sent to me from Janet Martin and Jonella Woods and Amy Conn. This was one of my favorite verses during my pregnancy because so many times I would be overcome with such "fear" that I might possibly have to deliver dead babies, that I would shiver at the thought. I would become so anxious at each doctor's appointment to hear "status quo" everything looks okay, not something horrible. As soon as Satan tempted my thoughts that direction, I would think of this verse often and it comforted me so much. It is really a popular verse when faced with uncertainty and fear. So remember, God will strengthen you in your time of fear or anxious worries, trust Him and rely on Him to see you through.

No comments: