John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pictures from the week!


James not so happy about going strolling. He calmed down once I tucked a blanket around him.


Ellie and Jenna enjoying a Sonic slush at the park.


After a long frustrating day dealing with doctors, we (I) needed ice cream. We indulged in Bruesters...mint chocolate chip, birthday cake, and purple dinosaur! YUM!!



After bath, I was EXHAUSTED but they all cuddled up in my bed and I just had to have a picture of them. SO precious!


More!



Rob and I are scheduled to arrive at Children's Hospital Tuesday morning at 6:45am for James to undergo his hernia surgery. Please be in prayer for him to be strong and do well. Also, pray for the doctors and nurses that will be caring for him. If you have any extra prayers left, Rob and I would appreciate prayers of peace and strength as we endure a long day and night at the hospital with both boys.

Current weights; James 7 lb 11oz and John David 8 lb 4 oz

BIG MOMENT TODAY...James smiled at Claire and Ellie. It had to be one of the sweetest moments I have ever had with my children. He was fussy and I was holding him out in front of me. The girls came along side of me and I noticed his head looking from side to side of me. Then he paused, and smiled really big at Claire, then turned his head and looked at Ellie and smiled huge for her too. Then of course looked at me and started screaming! Ha! The girls absolutely love to hold their brothers. Tonight while I was drying Ellie and Jenna's hair, I peeked around the corner of my bathroom and noticed Claire was on my bed holding James because he was screaming, and trying to pat John David at the same time. I thought to myself, "good grief she is the sweetest thing!" One day I am going to set up our video camera to video our afternoon. It is quiet comical! Stretching myself between five kids is craziness. I would have to say the hardest is trying to nurse both boys at the same time, while reading Jenna books, helping Ellie hold her pencil just right, combing the tangles out of Claire's hair, answering the phone and listening out for the oven timer!!!!ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
I wouldn't trade my life's chaos though, because at the days end, I reflect back on what my precious little ones have taught me and have shared with me and it brings tears to my eyes. I love my husband and my girls and my boys more than anything in this life I live.

6 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Great post Dana!!!! It made me laugh & tear up a little (the smile story). Keeping you all in our prayers including the doctors & nurses! I just know everything will go great!!!

Adriane said...

Hope everything went well today. Love all the pics - your kids are adorable!

Trina said...

Prayers went up (still are going) for James.

The video isn't a bad idea. Who knows what kind of funny you might get that could end up on AFV. :)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I am so impressed with you! What a sweet family. You all are in our prayers.

mommyrottie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommyrottie said...

Claire is a sweetie. She has to be one of the sweetest girls I know. I miss her. Maybe she can come to the office on Saturday so i can hug her. Give her a hug for me.
Nicole