John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Friday, December 5, 2008

Fabulous Friday!


My two dearest friends, Aimee and Jill came by to visit me today. They were able to sit in on my ultrasound and see the two tiny miracles growing inside of me. It was very special to share that moment with them.



Today was a great day. Babies had a positive day on the monitors, I felt peaceful and rested, my best friends and husband and girls came to visit me, my principal stopped by for a visit, we had another ultrasound, a great friend from work stopped by and brought me dinner and a goodie bag. What more can a girl ask for.

In the quiet (quick) moment of seeing my husband and three precious girls piled on the couch in my room watching Elf tonight, I was reminded of how purely simple true happiness can be. Usually during this time of year, I am trying to do so much to involve my family in the "spirit" of Christmas. This year, I am just sincerely thankful to have an hour with my family in a hospital room watching a Christmas movie together on a tiny lap top computer. My Christmas tubs are still packed downstairs in the basement and I won't be able to do half of what I usually do during the holidays with my family, but that is alright, because I have realized all the "stuff" in the world will never come close to the pure happiness I feel just being with my family. Thank you Mighty God for the simple blessings you show me daily and the loving family you so graciously allowed me to be a part of.

















Claire and Ellie decorating cookies.










Mommy and her girls decorating Christmas cookies that Ms.Lucy sent for us. Ellie is proud of her snowman cookie, and Jenna is really happy about licking off all the icing. Claire and Mommy are just really happy about finally seeing each other. Notice the Christmas tree in the background, nicely decorated. Thank you Aimee and Jill for bringing the Christmas tree.























1 comment:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

My Goodness...MY tummy is bigger than that!!! You look adorable!
I know how long the days get when you are in a hospital. I will try to get up soon to see you. I'm so happy you have such a wonderful support system. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, Rob, the girls or the babies from here. Take care...we will continue to pray.
Love, Elisabeth