John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good Doctor's Report So Far Today

Praise Jesus!

James is off the ventilator and on CPAP. His head ultrasound was clear. Renal ultrasound still pending. Has gained a little weight today. Is under a billi light for jaundice. Looks peaceful.

John David is still on ventilator. He was rotated to his belly and looks much more comfortable that way (probably not, but we can't see his chest collapse and contract with each breath, so it's more comforting to us). His head ultrasound was clear. He gained some weight today as well. Also jaundiced and under the billi light. His breathing is the concern right now, as well as both boys' hearts needing to pump more strongly.

I was comforted by a dad of an infant next to our boys. They've been here for 2 months with a baby born 4 months early weighing 1/2 of what our sons weighed. He marveled over how much bigger his girl has gotten (doubled in size) and commented on how good our boys looked. He stated, "They do a great job in here, and this will be a second home for you." Very promising to hear from someone in your shoes.

Dana is receiving the best nursing care an optometrist can give! She's getting around a little better, but hurts pretty bad when standing. I told her what I was told when I was a player at Auburn with injuries, "Just put some ice on it!"

My girls are spending time with my parents. Thank you Mom and Dad for taking care of our kids.

I'm still figuring out how to add photos. Will get them up as soon as possible. Thank you, thank you all for everything.

1 comment:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

JAMES!!! Show John David how to do it!
I'm so happy they are doing so well. Roy and I just sit and wait for updates, checking the blog constantly! We are trying not to drive Katy crazy calling her all the time.
I have "Welcome to the World" presents for them. I will send them by Katy and Phillip if I don't get to see you anytime soon. Let us know what we can do for you, we pray constantly!
Love you all~ Elisabeth and Roy