John David Pate-3years old

James Daniel Pate-3years old

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Thank You To So Many!

Today has been a great day. I had many special visitors and deliveries. I have been showered with books and cards and goodies galore. I am so appreciative for everything my friends and family are doing for us. My adorable fourth graders sent me a bouquet of flowers today that are absolutely gorgeous. My room mother spent an hour of her precious time teaching me how to smock. My best friend Elizabeth picked up my children and brought them to me after school to have "mommy time". I also got a basket of crafts to do with the kids from a great friend at work, thank you Ms. Kerri, so wonderful. Miss Lucy (the lady my children now know as God's angel that sends us yummy "casservoles" aka casseroles) sent cookies to decorate with mommy tonight.A long time childhood friend, Mandi, spent hours with me this morning, chatting and passing time by. Another friend from work, Ms.Lea,came to visit and I told her it was just so nice to see and hear a familiar face and voice, it brings a little of the "normal world" to MY "not so normal world". It was so uplifting to see my children, especially smell them. I know that sounds crazy but they do have such a unique smell and I savor it. Claire enjoyed her crossword puzzle book and Ellie created a masterpiece with modeling clay, thank you Ms.Caldwell,she loves it. A great laugh today was seeing Ellie wearing a dress with a skirt and tights that didn't match at all and seeing Jenna with mismatched clothes, no shoes and some "boy" socks from a friend at daycare. Thanks to my mother in law, Darlene, aka Mamaw, my girls and I were able to have supper together on my hospital bed and spend an hour together. The short time I am able to see and touch my children is absolutely priceless to me and saying thank you is just not adequate. I just want my support group to know that I realize how busy you all are, tis the season for stress and "stuff", but your compassion and generosity fill me with joy and a thankful heart. I will never forget this season of my life (obviously) nor will I forget the sacrifices all of you have made for me and my family.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to see my dear sweet husband. I warned the nurses that I might begin to show signs of withdraw this week from not seeing my husband very much. He is doing such a great job with the girls. It saddens my heart to think of all the daily, nightly, routine tasks that he is having to handle by himself. When I called this afternoon, he was trying to hurry and put up some Christmas decorations for the girls. It is hard to think of the "moments" I am missing with them during this festive, fun time of the year, but I love him and appreciate him so much that he is trying to make it as best he can for the girls.

Christopher Martin (my personal photographer, haha) is going to swing by and take some more pics to share with you guys. I really want to show off my scripture wall, it is most definitely my favorite decor in the room.


As always, please continue to pray for our miracle babies to be safe and grow healthy, and don't forget to praise and thank God for carrying us this far.

Dana

3 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Hey Dana,
My husband, Bert, played football with Rob and Phillip at AU. I just found your blog and wanted to say that we will be praying for you all. I admire your strength and FAITH. Hang in there! I'm sure you are helping others in ways that you don't even know yet. Best Wishes, Holly

Ashlee said...

Hi Dana,
I am a good friend of Katy's from her Alpha Gam consulting days. I am coincidentally, also, from Alabama...Sylacauga to be exact, but now live in Tallahassee, FL. I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers! Your strength for those boys amazes me!

May peace be with you!
Ashlee T. Falco

Amy said...

I am so glad you are learning to smock! I will help you- I will bring what I am smocking for the boys next time I come so you can see. I am planning to come tomorrow after work. You are an amazing woman and I admire your strength. Praying for you- Love you! Amy